These shouldn’t be necessary, but just in case…..
THE GOLDEN ROOL
Common Sense and Courtesy should always prevail. Keep the place PRESENTABLE!
- Advance Sign-ups: Members may reserve a bed/room in the cabin up to TWO weeks in advance by contacting Mark Donohoe (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) work (408-576-66??. Mon-Fri. 10am-5pm) or home (650-654-5872 10am-10pm). Please leave a message on his answering machine if he is not there. Guests can be reserved ONE week in advance. This gives priority to members. If all the beds are full, you can still come up and sleep on the floor ‘spontaneously’ expect the worst and hope for the best.Please leave the names of ALL guests. See below for why and the scoop on the guest policy.
- Cancellations: If you can’t make your reservation, please be so kind as to *call* Mark and cancel. E-mail does not work well for cancellations, as it may not be read in time.
- Priorities: To make things fair, during the sign-up period for any given weekend or holiday, if there is any contention for a particular room or bed, the member who has used that room or bed the LEAST during the season will have priority.
This means that members with higher priority can “bump” members with lower priority. If you bump somebody, YOU, NOT Mark, have to contact them so they will know who is bumping them etc…IT IS NOT UP TO Mark TO SETTLE DISPUTES! If you get Mark involved he ensures you that neither party will like the resolution.
The LAST one out after a weekend or holiday IS RESPONSIBLE for turning off lights, locking doors, etc…as stated in the Shut Down PROCEDURE which is posted in the cabin. Please make sure to talk about who will be closing up. There have been times that everyone thought someone else was going to…and nobody did! This could lead to a large heating bill.
Make sure to use enough anti-freeze! If we don’t you/we pay for all repairs!
Don’t make LONG-DISTANCE phone calls without charging them to your own account or using your Cell Phone. Calling ski resorts (in Calif., anyway), CALTRANS, the sheriff, etc….is OK. Using the phone for long distance calls was expensive because of the long distance carrier. You have been warned….
The driveway will hold about 6+ cars. If it snows and the plow comes by, YOU MUST MOVE YOUR CAR(S)! This may seem obvious, but the plowing contract states that the driveway will not be plowed if there are cars in it. The driver will often wait for everyone to move their cars. Car pooling is encouraged.
- Guest Rules/Fees: As stated above, guests can be reserved one week in advance. Guest Fees are as follows:Friday/Sat nights $35 per person/per night Sunday-Thursday nights: $30 per person per night. EXCEPTION: Holiday periods, Christmas/New Years weeks, Presidents weekend. Guest fee’s will be $35 per person per night for the holiday periods.
For 2013-2014 this will be:
Dec. 20 -> Jan. 2
All guest fees are to be PAID BY CHECK, payable to Mark Donohoe. Please do not leave cash! Last year cash was stolen out of the guest fee box. SO TELL YOUR GUESTS NOT TO LEAVE CASH. (There may be realty people in or something….cash is not safe.) Put the checks in the “guest fee receptacle” before you leave. OR, send the check (NO CASH PLEASE!) to Mark Donohoe 1012 Hewitt Dr. San Carlos, Ca. 94070
WE NEED THE GUEST FEE MONEY TO SURVIVE, SO DON’T FORGET!
- Number of Guests Each member may bring up to 3 guests with them when they come to the cabin, except during holiday weekends, when the limit is 1 guest per member. No guests without members, please! Any exceptions should be cleared with Mark Donohoe FIRST.
Please use the heat economically. When going to bed, turn it to 55 or lower.
NEVER TURN OFF THE HEAT WHEN IN THE HOUSE, THE PIPES CAN FREEZE! We have to pay for the natural gas, so let’s not end up with a $300 heating bill.
We no longer need firewood. The place is running off of natural gas. Use the heaters as needed.
There are no pets allowed, NO EXCEPTIONS! If there is a pet in the house, the lease is terminated immediately, no refunds. This rule is imposed by the owner.
This is a non-smoking house. If you have to burn one, do it outside.
QUESTIONS or PROBLEMS
If you have any questions about the rules or need help during the season with the cabin, you can call the following people:
Mark Donohoe (see roster)
Brown Bear 530-587-2895 They are located by the deli.
THE FINAL WORDS
ENJOY THE PLACE! SKI YOUR BRAINS OUT! HAVE FUN!
The cabin is what we make it.